Sunday, April 18, 2010

Algarden Lunch + Bootiesattva Zome




This Friday we had another lunch at the Algarden and it was absolutely lovely and amazing. It was very special in many levels, one major thing was the presence of the Bootiesattva zome with its magical powers, but the people who came also contributed with their radiant energy, the weather was perfect and the food was outstanding. We also celebrated Tim's birthday. I was happy to see many friends there and also new faces who were recommended to come by friends. We had 25 people, and although I had a hard time keeping conversations, we managed to build the zome, cook, grill, set up and serve the lunch promptly and keep everybody happy during their time at the Algarden. 

The menu this week:


Warm cabbage, chard and onion salad with apples and walnuts



Purple kale and leek tart with goat cheese



Grilled young fava beans marinated with olive oil and sea salt
They were the hit! (And the easiest thing to do)



Flowerless sugarless chocolate cake-Special diabetic request





Fresh honey comb 



Lavender infused lemonade

The shade structure this week: The Bootiesattva Zome


Here are all the zome parts. Assembly start time 10:08 am



This was the fourth time that we built this zome and we were trying to break our time record. Previous time was 1 hour and 45 minutes



I love this picture -Welcome to my spaceship, beautiful forever!



And my beautiful love - SO beautiful!



Even the poppies got excited



Two zomes in one garden, how lucky am I?



Completion time 11:38. Record time 1.5 hrs. yeah!!! 
That's what happens when you work with the zome masters



And now, chilling time in the Zome



It was really wonderful to see everybody enjoying the zome and the food and the garden. 
I was about to explode with joy



Happy birthday Tim!



Com'on, pretend like your having fun



Special guest Rockstar Anchi, who came to our garden after meeting with Michelle Obama at her Refugee Farm that promotes urban farming. Go Anchi!
You can read about it here:

I have to say that this special event would not had been possible without the help of many people. Starting by the garden owners who continue to support my ideas and generously share their space with us.


A huge special thanks to my favorite mathematicians, Chris, Rob and Steve. You guys Rock. I loved watching you geek out on your math theories under the zome. You are so cool that you are making me start to like math...


Thanks to the chickens who provided us with the eggs for the tart and cleared out the fava been patch getting the soil ready for the next season. This was a chicken tractor improvisation for the day. The chicken crib did fit on my key hole planter.



Thanks to my bees who provided us with a delicious dessert



But they are also responsible for the pollination of  1/3 of all of the food that we eat



And thanks to Julia for her lovely smile, enthusiasm and delicious cooking.



It was truly a lovely event and I feel enormous gratitude for everybody who came and made it possible. 
I also feel a lot of excitement for next Friday. I hope you can come!



No comments: