Saturday, February 5, 2011

Foodscaping the business is born

Friday February the 4th was the official birth date of Foodscaping as an official business. 
I found this to be an auspicious date as it was Chinese new years and a new moon, a good time to start new things. Plus spring is everywhere in the city and I can't help but feel inspired with so much beauty.


 Foodscaping will offer design and installation of edible landscapes as well as consultation on any urban farming related issues.


I have been doing this for awhile but I have finally registered as a business. There are many factors for me doing this now, but one of the biggest ones is having a beautiful space to run my business from. Last month we signed the lease on a shop on Harrison St. and 18th which will be the headquarter for Foodscaping. I will be sharing the space with Rob Bell and we will eventually have a store/gallery selling local artist stuff as well as urban farming paraphernalia. 


There's lots of work to be done to remodel the space before we officially open it, but for now I want to invite you to celebrate the opening of my business and a soft launch of the space Tuesday night, starting at 6:30 at 2147 Harrison St.


 We will have drinks and magic curry cart will be there serving some food


Hope you can join us to celebrate the birth of Foodscaping.


No comments: